Directly Reports to: General Manager
Indirectly Reports to: Directors
Direct Supervision: Purchasing Officers, Stores personnel
Broad function: Lead all aspects of sourcing, procuring goods, services and materials required for the operation of the hotel
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Source vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales with respective HOD’s.
- Process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Update purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Supervise activities of personnel engaged in buying, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Ensure the stocks are accurate, in good storage condition, in respect with the law and local procedures, and have not passed their expiry date.
- Provide advice on cost containment and purchase optimization to the management.
- Conducts market studies and surveys trends.
- Reviews and co-signs Purchase Orders on a timely and efficient manner.
- Negotiates, renews or terminates existing contracts or agreements whenever applicable.
- Be responsible of returnable supplies and all damages, if any.
- Conducts suppliers’ visit and inspections and ensure proper communication and coordination.
- To follow-up with international suppliers regarding our orders and appointed freight forwarder for consignment clearance with customs.
- To ensure conformity to standards and specifications of merchandise as required by the management.
- To ensure that the requisitions from originating departments follow the procurement policy.
- To constantly endeavour to obtain goods at competitive prices without sacrificing the desired quality standards.
- To ensure that store inventories have maximum par levels.
- To comply with all company policies.
- Prepare price change forms.
- Prepare and submit end month reports needs details
- Participate in stock takes.
- To ensure that stock management reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintaining supplier‟s database.
- Assist in the interview and recruitment of purchasing and stores staff.
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time to comply with the activities of the hotels.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Knowledge of local suppliers to the hospitality, travel and tourism industry.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise a team and to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of procurement regulations and best practices.
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service
- Working knowledge of materials control and sun systems.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing or a related field
- MUST have at least 5 years’ experience in a busy environment preferably in a 4 -5-star hotel as a procurement Manager