Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
- Total Time 1 hr 30 min
- Servings 4
- 0.720 kg Beef tenderloin trimmed of fat
- 0.050 kg Dijon mustard
- 0.150 kg crispy bread crumbs
- 0.060 kg chopped fresh parsley
- 0.020 kg chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 0.020 kg chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 0.005 kg coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 0.005kg freshly ground pepper
- 0.020 kg garlic, finely chopped
Heat oven to 500°F. Dress the portion of beef with kitchen string at about 1/2-inch intervals. Place beef in shallow roasting pan. Season,brush with mustard. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and remaining ingredients. Pat bread crumb mixture onto mustard-coated beef, pressing gently.( Insert oven proof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of beef.)if you have one.
Roast for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast 30 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 135°F or150°F. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 20 minutes.Remove string from beef before carving. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Red Wine Reduction
- 0.02 lt vegetable oil
- 0.200 kg mirepoix (carrots,celery,onion)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- kosher salt
- 0.480 lt red wine
- 0.360 lt Brown stock
- 0.030 kg unsalted butter, chilled.
- 0.020 kg all-purpose flour
- Heat the oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add the mirepoix, rosemary, Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, and brown 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dust with the all purpose flour and cook for two more minutes.Add the wine to the brown mirepoix and cook over medium-high heat until syrupy, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the brown stock and cook until reduced to ¾, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Quickly add in the chilled butter,whisk until well blended adjust seasoning and serve.
- 0.650 kg potatoes , peeled
- 0.090 kg butter, melted
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Using a food processor with a slicing blade or a sharp knife, slice potatoes as thinly as possible. (Do not place sliced potatoes in water; the starch is needed to bind the layers.)
Brush bottom of a 10-inch cast-iron pan or individual moulds or open ended cutters of your choice with butter. Starting in center of pan,mould or cutter arrange potato slices, slightly overlapping, in circular pattern, covering surface. Brush the top with butter, season well with salt and pepper. Repeat for two more layers.
Place over high heat until butter in pan sizzles, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to oven; bake until potatoes are fork-tender and brown, about 1 hour. Remove from oven. Run a small spatula around edges of potatoes; slide large spatula underneath potatoes to loosen. Carefully transfer onto a plate, .
Note: Brushing each layer with butter and seasoning with salt and pepper creates a delicious buttery flavor throughout.
- 0.160 kg Carrots ,peeled, trimmed and turned
- 0.160 kg Baby marrow,cleaned,trimmed and turned
- 0.160 kg Broccoli cut into flowerettes
- 0.040kg Butter
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Plunge vegetables one type at a time into plenty of boiling salted water, bring to the boil rapidly. Remove all scum and cook until tender.
- Refresh and drain the vegetables
- Melt the butter,mix all vegetables and toss for about 3 minutes untill they are heated through.Sprinkle with some salt and very little pepper.
- Serve hot.